Vacancy Fire Sprinkler Service Engineer
Job Ref No. HR/SERVICE/09
Job Location Site (all areas)
Salary/Grade Dependant on experience
Job Type Permanent
Hours 8:00am – 5.30pm (45hrs per week)
We have been specialising in automatic sprinkler and fire protection systems for more than 30 years and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to every project we work on.
An LPC Level 4 certified contractor, we are authorised to install and service any sprinkler system in the UK and we work to QA Standard ISO 9001. We are also active members of the British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA) which audits the quality of our work four times a year.
As our activities continue to advance and expand we require suitably experienced and qualified Fire Sprinkler Engineers to complement our existing team.
“We work the ‘A & F way’ taking a straightforward, reliable and honest approach that always puts our customers first.”
The ideal candidate will be motivated, switched on, with a “can do” approach and will need to be experienced in all aspects of servicing and maintaining for fire sprinkler systems.
The Role: Service Engineer
- Carry out engineering/maintenance tasks as allocated by supervisors on all makes of sprinkler systems.
- Extensive travelling between sites/overnight stay may be required (company van provided).
- Understand fire panels and isolations.
- Be able to carry out repairs and fault find on fire sprinkler systems.
- Be able to carry out checks and flow tests on fire pumps.
- Have a good awareness of health and safety.
- Join an on call rota.
- Attention to detail and ability to apply analytical thinking in problem solving.
- Experience of fire sprinkler systems is essential.
- Experience of working within a customer facing role, and able to build strong customer relationships.
- Able to work under pressure and to a high standard.
- Excellent communication/customer facing skills.
- Excellent time keeper/flexible.
- Disciplined and organised.
- Attend personal training programmes, as required by the company.
- To be able to communicate at all levels with clients/customers.
- Able to work on own initiative, unsupervised, but also contribute to an effective team.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver good competencies and core behaviours including those of honesty, integrity, flexibility, teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Full driving licence (min 12 months driving experience).
If you feel you have the necessary skills, attributes and experience and would like to apply for this position please contact Mr Paul Mullin on 0161 793 4822.
In addition, please email your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary details to [email protected]
Alternatively, you can post to:
Marked Private and Confidential F.A.O Mr Paul Mullin
A&F Sprinklers Services Ltd
Wardley Business Park