Fire Pump Engineer
Salary: (dependent upon experience) (£25K – £33K + OTE)
Location: Site-All Areas (Midlands)
Hours: 08:00 – 17:30 (45 hours per week)
Pension: A competitive company pension scheme
Life Assurance: Scheme to protect you and your family
Dynamic: We have a dynamic, friendly, professional and outgoing team
Training & Development: We invest in our teams to excel and grow within their role as industry leaders
Succession & Progression: We believe in succession, progression and promotion for all
A company van and PPE will be provided
Due to repeat business and our dynamic approach to contracting, our business continues to grow. As such, we are currently looking for a Fire pump Engineer to join our dynamic and down to earth service team that specialist is fire pump maintenance and repairs.
The role requires a pragmatic, forward thinking individual who can work with a team to deliver quality results to our customers. We work as a team and we help each other achieve this, as above we have in-house facilities and training to develop a bespoke development package with great progression opportunities for any individual.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, switched on, with a “can do” approach and will need to be able to work under their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
- Carry out PPM’s to Sprinkler Fire Pumps to relevant standards e,g. LPCB, FM and NFPA
- Extensive travelling between sites/overnight stay may be required-company van provided.
- Must have an understanding on the following; Diesel Engines, Electric Motors, Control Panel and Pumps
- Be able to fault find and provide detailed accurate reports
- Undertake installation and commissioning of all types of fire sets (LPC / FM)
- Be able to assist other engineers in carrying out repair on fire sprinkler pumps
- Be able to carry out repairs to rotating equipment to a high standard.
- Have a good awareness of health and safety.
What we need from you:
We are a multi-talented so can we can accommodate all levels of experience and abilities. But ideally for this role candidates with as many of the following would be advantageous;
- Attention to detail and ability to apply analytical thinking in problem solving.
- Electrical Qualification / Experience – is preferred
- Mechanical Qualifications / Experience – is a must
- Experience of fire sprinkler systems is essential. (training will be given)
- Experience of working within a customer facing role, and able to build strong customer relationships.
- Able to work under pressure and to a high standard.
- Excellent communication/customer facing skills.
- Excellent timekeeper/flexible.
- Disciplined and organised.
- Attend personal training programmes, as required by the company.
- To be able to communicate with clients/customers.
- Able to work on own initiative, unsupervised, but also contribute to an effective team.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver good competencies and core behaviours including those of honesty, integrity, flexibility, teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Full driving licence (min 12 months driving experience).
Seems to good to be true? Why not get in touch and see for yourself!
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to our HR Manager, Dan for consideration.
Call us: 0845 505 1550